Sunday, November 11, 2012

Second Formal Paper Proposal

Formal Paper Proposal
                                  For my second formal paper I would like to research and write about education reform. It would relate to the essays by Michael Moore, and John Taylor Gatto. I would research different forms of education and alternative forms of education and attempt to find solutions to the major issues concerning Americas Current education system. I think that education in the U.S. is a major issue currently, and I would also do research on how important education is for a country and its citizens. I would draw a connection between education as a potential solution to current global issues, such as poverty, hunger, intolerance, civil rights issues, global warming, and even issues regarding genocide and tyranny. Education is a subject that is very important to me and that I feel very strongly about. I believe that in the U.S. we should have education reform and equal opportunity for all citizens. Globally I believe that all nations should educate their people, I could address issues of education in regards to poverty in third world countries, education of women is a major issue that needs to be addressed, and I believe that keeping a population uneducated as a form of oppression is a global problem.  Ever since I was a little kid I have been fascinated by Ernesto "Che" Guevara, and he once said this about education in Cuba “The walls of the educational system must come down. Education should not be a privilege, so the children of those who have money can study.” My views on education reflect this nationally and globally and I would like to address it in my second formal essay.

1 comment: